Calcium is the most abundant mineral in the human body, making up about 2 percent of total weight. Approximately 99 percent of calcium is stored in the bones and teeth, and the remaining 1 percent circulates in the blood and is found in muscles, nerves, and other soft tissue. The body loses calcium daily. This loss varies with sex and age. The primary source for calcium replacement is diet. However with processed foods and today’s life styles diet alone may not be sufficient. Therefore a calcium supplement may be necessary to meet one’s needs for calcium.
Calcium is ingested in the form of relatively insoluble salts, whether the source is food or dietary supplements. For calcium to be absorbed, it requires not only vitamin D but also adequate hydrochloric acid in the stomach. Only about 20 to 30 percent of dietary calcium is actually absorbed from the intestinal tract into the bloodstream.
15% restocking fee on returns. All refunds issued in store credit only. No returns on skincare products